ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 17:28:41

I posted both of these yesterday but saw no responses so I'm going to try
this again:

Is anyone using MonitorPlus?

Is anyone using Tivoli® Decision Support for Storage Management Analysis? Is
this software similar to MonitorPlus or something much different?

Opinions on both or other comparable software????

This may seem like a dumb question but I've got to ask it anyway. I'm trying
to decide if I need to perform "archives" of some data on certain computers.
Some contracts require us to keep data up to 7 years. Unfortunately the
amount of data we've got makes it almost impossible to archive even once a
month. So here is the question: If I use the include option for those
specific directories where the data is, can I bind it to a management class
that has a 7 year retention period? If the file is deleted on the client
will it is in the ADSM database for 7 years as long as I specify retonly
2555?

Would this setup do the trick????

Versions Data Exists     3

Versions Data Deleted    1

Retain Extra Versions    60

Retain Only Version      2555

Has anyone verified, on a smaller scale probably, that this works well?

Thanks for the help....

> Geoff Gill
> NT Systems Support Engineer
> Computer Systems Group
> E-Mail:   gillg AT saic DOT com
> Phone:  (858) 826-4062
> Pager:   (888) 997-9614

--0__=vC5rDDmpHdBG2kPDHdzxXgHmxSHBdieDCcYT7KsmVPxdmUSWUqZXYaWv--