ADSM-L

Re: Repost

2000-08-30 07:50:25
Subject: Re: Repost
From: "Cook, Dwight E" <cookde AT BP DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2000 06:51:31 -0500
On your second note, yes I've performed tests on a smaller scale that show
your retain only would be kept for that long...
BUT what we do here is anything required to be kept 5 years or longer we
force them to archive it into special management class that we put into a
special storage pool to ensure dual tape copies to reduce the chance of loss
due to media failure.
A job runs periodically to audit the volumes in both the primary pool and
the copy pool, if any data turns up bad proper action is taken to correct.
just one of the many ways to skin that cat...
uh oh, sorry, didn't mean to upset any animal lovers out there.
Dwight