ADSM-L

Re: Moving from single length to extended length 3590 cartridge t apes.

2000-08-29 19:38:53
Subject: Re: Moving from single length to extended length 3590 cartridge t apes.
From: Steven P Roder <tkssteve AT REXX.ACSU.BUFFALO DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2000 19:39:06 -0400
On Tue, 29 Aug 2000, Magura, Curtis wrote:

> I would agree. We are using both J and K carts in the same library, same
> stgpool same devclass...etc. IBM installed the MES to the 3494 and the 3590
> E1A's. We installed a newer version of drivers(atape 5.1.3.0, atldd 4.0.8.0)
> on AIX (4.3.3,TSM 3.7.3). Used TSM to label the new tapes and check them in.

I also have a 3494 with 5 3590-E1A's, and a mix of J and K tapes.  The
same library also is shared with a VM and MVS system that uses J tapes in
3590-B1A drives (non-XL capable).

Note that B drives, if MES'ed to support XL tapes, can also use both J and
K media, but at half the capacity of the E drives.

> Everything is working.
>
> Per TSM (q vol) the most we have been able to put on a tape so far is a
> little over 81GB.
>
> Curt Magura
> Lockheed Martin EIS
> Gaithersburg Md.

Steve Roder, University at Buffalo
VM Systems Programmer
UNIX Systems Administrator (Solaris and AIX)
ADSM Administrator
(tkssteve AT buffalo DOT edu | (716)645-3564 |
http://ubvm.cc.buffalo.edu/~tkssteve)