ADSM-L

Re: Backup Db.

2000-08-29 16:49:28
Subject: Re: Backup Db.
From: George Yang <george_yang AT VENCOR DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2000 16:49:30 -0400
shekhar

I am sorry, I did not see you are using stk9710. I am using IBM 3494.

'mtlib' utility in AIX level is the tool, to check out you have it or not,
in AIX, type "mtlib -l" see what happen.

If you have that utility every thing is going to be fine.  I used this
utility to fix the problem (I am using IBM MAGAstar 3494, AIX 4.3.3, TSM
3.7, 4.1)

If you don't have it, you can chekin a new scratch tape, and do the db
backup. if that works, the scratch tape has the catgory problem.
I can give you the cmd if your using mtlib.

let me know

George