ADSM-L

TSM 3.7.2 client on MS cluster

2000-08-27 11:44:19
Subject: TSM 3.7.2 client on MS cluster
From: "Rupp Thomas (Illwerke)" <thomas.rupp AT ILLWERKE DOT AT>
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2000 17:44:16 +0200
Hi TSM-gurus,

I'm running TSM client 3.7.2 on a MS Windows NT 4.0 cluster.
When I start the GUI with "DSM -optfile=T:\adsm\dsm.opt"
(the same optfile is used by the scheduler) I get the following two
problems:

On backup TSM creates a filespace using the wrong name. As the
  nodename is "DATEN" and the name of the machine is "NODE2" TSM
  should create a filespace named "\\DATEN\T$" but the GUI creates
"\\NODE2\T$".
On restore I can only select single files, no directories. When I remove
"CLUSTERNODE YES"
  from DSM.OPT this problem vanishes.

I think I'll have to specify the /clustername when I start the GUI - but I
don't know how!
How do you start the GUI on a MS cluster and/or have you seen this behavior?

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards
Thomas Rupp
Vorarlberger Illwerke AG