ADSM-L

Re: Backing up logical.

2000-08-25 14:21:41
Subject: Re: Backing up logical.
From: "Cook, Dwight E" <cookde AT BP DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2000 13:19:59 -0500
In this instance I'd probably just start off running normal incremental
processing...
(let adsm/tsm get its normal "stuff" going)
continue to run normal nightly incrementals
IF it comes time to say upgrade those applications to a new
version/release/level what you might do, to facilitate a more rapid restore
if need be, would be to push an image backup of the file systems.

I haven't played around with it but from what I've read, since image backups
are stored as a single object, performing a image backup won't screw with
any of the versions of any individual files found under normal incremental
processing.

I've used adsm/tsm for about 4+ years now on all sorts of platforms (client)
and basically all these neat little things that are showing up, such has
image backups, are to allow relief from some pain discovered once adsm hit
the real world... (or to just meet someone's desires).

got'a run
later,
Dwight