ADSM-L

Re: cancel a process taking too long

2000-08-25 09:40:20
Subject: Re: cancel a process taking too long
From: "Cook, Dwight E" <cookde AT BP DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2000 08:40:43 -0500
do a
        show deadlock
just to see if one exists...
may also do a
        show locks
just to see the volume of locks that exist... multiple "show locks" can
indicate if things are getting better or worse and how fast things are
changing...
some processes that are waiting on resources won't cancel out until they can
get that resource... (then drop it and go away)
when a process is canceled out, it often has to wait for lock requests to
clear prior to going away
        long wait but something can be helped along if all processes are
canceled

not much help, sorry.
Dwight