ADSM-L

HELP - Error reading label

2000-08-20 13:42:52
Subject: HELP - Error reading label
From: "Barth, Terry V. (MBS)" <Terry.Barth AT MORTGAGEFAMILY DOT COM>
Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2000 13:48:37 -0400
Hi fellow *MSrs

I need assistance on this :0)

We have a tape that receives the following error.  I have contacted TSM
support and they informed me that with this error, the only thing to do is
to send it off to a data recovery agency. However, my question is, has
anyone else ever had this problem and if so, what did you do about it?  This
tape does have important data on it and our copy storage pool is still in
the process of playing catch - therefore, I am not sure what to do here and
if I do send it off to an offsite recovery facility - I wonder what the
chances are of actually recovering the data.

I have tried a move, an audit and a reclaim on this tape, and nothing works.
I was also informed that it is not the barcode label as the tape does mount
into the drive and the robot attempts to read the tape for about 5 minutes
before producing the error.

If anyone has seen this error before and has resolved it in some way or sent
a tape off to be recovered - could you please let me know what the outcome
was?

Thanks.

ANR8355E I/O error reading label for volume BKS574 in drive DRIVE03
(/dev/rmt/11mt).
ANR1402W Mount request denied for volume BKS574 - volume unavailable.
ANR1410W Access mode for volume BKS574 now set to "unavailable".

-Terry