ADSM-L

Veritas BackupExec interface to *SM

2015-10-04 17:28:41
Subject: Veritas BackupExec interface to *SM
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU]On Behalf Of
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date:           August 18, 2000                 Time: 11:55 AM
From:   Jerry Lawson
                The Hartford Insurance Group
860     547-2960                jlawson AT thehartford DOT com
-
-
Hello!
Hello!

One of my customers came to me with a different approach (for us) to doing
backups.  He wants to use the Veritas Backup Exec product to do backups, and
then use an interface they have to move the backups to ADSM.  As I
understand it, they are using an API, and then using ADSM as the backstore,
simulating a (very big) DLT drive.

The early research that I have done is not very enriching.  A search of the
TSM web site found nothing.  The Veritas Support site discussed the
interface, but only mentioned support for ADSM through V3.1.  No Mention of
TSM at all.  We are contacting the vendor for more information.

In the meantime, I was wondering if anyone out there has any experience with
the product?  Are you using the Backup Exec product with any release of *SM?
What are your experiences?

-
-
                                                     Jerry