ADSM-L

Re: Performance problem on some clients

2000-08-17 11:57:32
Subject: Re: Performance problem on some clients
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2000 11:57:16 -0400
>We are seeing a ADSM performance problem with the IBM Netfinity 7000 M10
>machines.  Given a 16mb file it will take 2min to backup the one file on a
>100mb ethernet network to our ADSM server.  The same file on a IBM
>netfinity 7000 or Compaq Proliant will take under 2 seconds.

The first thing to be checked is whether that 100Mb ethernet is actually
configured to run at 100Mb, and then check to see that its parameters
are equivalent with those of the switch or router that it is connected
to.  Conflicts are a classic cause of network performance issues.
Verify network performance with applications other than ADSM, as in
FTPing large files.
   Richard Sims, BU