ADSM-L

Re: DRM prepare files

2000-08-17 08:30:54
Subject: Re: DRM prepare files
From: "Robinson, Cris" <Cris.Robinson AT LIBERTYMUTUAL DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2000 08:30:53 -0400
Your specific documentation can be created as one or all of the following
files in the \server directory:
RECOVERY.INSTRUCTIONS.GENERAL
RECOVERY.INSTRUCTIONS.OFFSITE
RECOVERY.INSTRUCTIONS.INSTALL
RECOVERY.INSTRUCTIONS.DATABASE
RECOVERY.INSTRUCTIONS.STGPOOL

Remember that your DR plan should be able to be carried out without you.
With this in mind, we break out the file before sending the diskette off
site, for NT servers you will have to use Rexx to breakout the macro's.. The
poor sap who gets to do the recovery may not know what Rexx is or where to
find it. Doing the breakout on the front end make life easier. Rexx is
available from the Technet CD or NT server resource kit CD, I think!.

Personally I think Tivoli should bundle Rexx with TSM. Also, the should give
you the option to give the prepare file a standard name as an alternative to
the DATE.TIME format of the file name.

Cris Robinson
Backup & Recovery Engineering
Information Technology Support Services
Liberty Mutual Insurance
Portsmouth, New Hampshire
603.431.8400.54837
mailto:cris.robinson AT libertymutual DOT com