ADSM-L

Oracle Agent

2000-08-16 06:57:42
Subject: Oracle Agent
From: "Etherington, Keith (K.)" <ketherin AT FORD DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2000 06:42:15 -0400
We are currently running  ADSM Sever Code 3.1.2.40 on AIX 4.3.2 using an IBM
3466 NSM
Some of our Oracle Databases have now grown to 100Gb. We shutdown the
database in a pre script run the backup
then restart the databases with the post script. However the backups take
about 7 hrs backing up the 100 GB.
My questions are using the Oracle Connect agent  :-
1)      Can the backups run allowing hot backups (database kept up whilst
backup running)
2)      How does the connect agent backup only updated parts of the Oracle
database
3)      Approx how much data will be backed up from a 100Gb database using
the connect agent
4)      Is the connect agent installed and configured on the client using
Oracle or ADSM client code

Regards,
Keith Etherington,
Snr Software Analyst,