ADSM-L

First backup under TSM 3.7.2

2000-08-15 16:08:25
Subject: First backup under TSM 3.7.2
From: JerryLawson <jlawson AT THEHARTFORD DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2000 16:00:22 -0400
Date:           August 15, 2000                 Time: 3:56 PM
From:   Jerry Lawson
                The Hartford Insurance Group
860     547-2960                jlawson AT thehartford DOT com
Hi -
Hi -

Just upgraded from TSM client release 3.7.1 to 3.7.2 on an NT 4.0 workstation,
and noticed some strange goings on....

On 8/19 (last incremental under TSM 3.7.1, my machine had 39K files on it, and
on that day I backed up 106 files - a pretty average day for this particular
machine.  I skipped a few days of backups, and then today, I ran the first
incremental under the 3.7.2 release.  It told me that I now had 40, 317 files
on the machine (approximately 600 more), but the unusual thing was that it
backed up 10K files again, and updated another 27K.  Does anyone know why this
all took place.  Interestingly, the sum of the two numbers does not add up to
what was inspected (only 17 files were expired), so it didn't touch everything,
but it was close.  Additionally, some of the files that were backed up were
files that haven't been touched sine they were placed on the machine, such as
the installation packages for NT and Lotus SmartSuite.

If this is normal behavior, I need to know before I plan on a deployment; and
if it is normal, I am wondering why.  Sort of sounds like a bug.....

                                                     Jerry
                                                     Jerry