ADSM-L

Restoring file permissions

2000-08-15 15:34:28
Subject: Restoring file permissions
From: Palmadesso Jack <Jack.Palmadesso AT SWPC.SIEMENS DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2000 15:37:16 -0400
This is probably a dumb question but here goes.

Every couple of months somebody with too much admin priviledge will whack
permissions on an NT server someplace.  Today somebody whacked a whole drive
and set everything to read only.  I was asked if it was possible to restore
just the file permissions instead of the whole file.  Is something like this
possible?  I already told the administrator that he'll have to restore all
of the files but I thought it was an interesting request and would be a nice
feature.

Thanks for any help,
Jack
Thought for the day ;)
Thought for the day ;)

I imagine a world of peace and happiness where everybody lives in harmony...

Then I imagine us attacking that world because they would never see it
coming.