ADSM-L

Cross-Platform Retrieves

2015-10-04 17:28:41
Subject: Cross-Platform Retrieves
From: Alexander Z Sokolek Jr [SMTP:asokolek AT KEYSPANENERGY DOT COM]
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Hello ADSM gurus;

{My apologies if this has been answered elsewhere, but I am new to this
list, the searchable archive does not seem to have the answer, and I am
in a bit of a hurry.}

Client for HP-UX v310
Client for Win-32 v31-0.8
Server for MVS v31-2.50

I can not seem to retrieve an archive made from an HP-UX (unix) client
into the Win-32 client.  I can see the top level structure, but I can
not see or retrieve any files.  GUI vs Command Line - same deal.  This
does seem to work if I attempt the retrieve from a different HP-UX
client.  (The archive is large; 9,000 files in 7gb, but I tried with
something smaller and got the same results.)

Any ideas?  I wonder about file naming conflicts, such as "slash" vs
"backslash", or filespace issues, but I know very, very little about
ADSM.  (I'm just a user, being forced to give up space on the HP-UX
machine and, ultimately, move it somewhere else.  My time constraint is
that I need to confirm archive integrity before I give up the HP-UX
machine.)  Thank you.

Alex Sokolek