ADSM-L

HIGH CPU USAGE

2000-08-15 06:29:41
Subject: HIGH CPU USAGE
From: Andrew Webster <andrew-m.webster AT DB DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2000 19:29:15 +0900
Hi John, Ed,

     Precisely which Norton Services did you have to stop? I find three
services on my clients:-
     NAV Alert
     NAV Auto-Protect (Stopped for backups)
     Norton Program Scheduler

     As you saying I need to stop all of them, including the "Alert" one. Or
are you saying you need to "disable" them so that they never start?
     Isn't there a Norton Device Driver (Control Panel|Services) do you do
anything with that?

All,

     Anyone have experience backup non-English  languages and gets hangs/high
CPU utilization on NT. We sure do on Japanese NT machines.

Regards
     Andrew

Re: HIGH CPU USAGE
 Forum:     ADSM - ADSTAR Distributed Storage Management
 Date:        Aug 14, 12:56
 From:       Pabalate, Ed <epabala AT CITY.NORFOLK.VA DOT US>

John,

Here is the quote from our Client Guy, "It=92s confirmed!  In order to =
fix my
CPU-at-100% problem, I had to disable the Norton AntiVirus services.  =
Once
this was disabled, everything functions properly and the cpu does not =
clock
up to 100% and stay there like it used to.  I=92m not sure how NAV is =
causing
the ADSM problem, but it is definitely related..!" Thanks to all your
help!.....

Ed