ADSM-L

Re: ADSM Oracle client

2000-08-14 20:18:41
Subject: Re: ADSM Oracle client
From: Steve Harris <steveh AT WESLEY.COM DOT AU>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2000 10:13:27 +1000
Coni,

I can't tell you how much the Oracle client saved on tapes because we've
always used it (with Oracle V7 and ebu).
But,  only used pages are backed up, whereas standard OS backup methods
backup all allocated pages.

If you are using Oracle 8 and hence rman, there are also incremental and
differential backups available, provided that you are prepared to wear the
increased time and complexity of restore .

Steve Harris,
AIX/ADSM/Oracle/HACMP guy
The Wesley Hospital, Brisbane Australia

Coni Barlow <aa6513 AT WAYNE DOT EDU>@VM.MARIST.EDU> on 15/08/2000 04:07:52