ADSM-L

Restores

2015-10-04 17:28:41
Subject: Restores
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU]On Behalf Of
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
If a restore has 30GB isn't it possible to open numerous sessions from a
single node to the ADSM server so the restore goes much faster? Would this
be automatic within ADSM to start these sessions? What are those options and
where are they set, I can't seem to find it?

I'm also wondering what areas I would make changes if I wanted to stage a
restore to a disk pool before it went to the client node. If I know a node
with 30GB of data is going to have some disks replaced isn't it much faster
to restore the data to a disk storage pool first?

I have ADSM 3.1.2.55 on AIX 4.3.3 with SSA's, 3494Lib with 4 3590-E1A's.

Thanks,
Geoff