ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 17:28:41

Donna,

I'm using home-made Rexx Exec's for automation and reporting. I'm including the
ones I'm using now. (because of the size limitation of this list group, only one
Exec is included in this message, the others in a next one). They're quite
complicated and require extensive Rexx
knowledge and experience I'm afraid.

All Exec's are based on ADSM 3.1.2.50 and might need retooling for 3.7.

ADSMBUP is started after out DFSMShsm backup ends and does the following:
waits for backup sessions to end (if any)
starts storage pool backups and waits for them to end
checks completion status of storage pool backups and restarts if needed
(limited amount of times)
performs DB, volhist and device config backup
starts expire inventory
(this is followed by some tape management jobs)

ADSMDAY runs daily and collects statistics about a number of large client nodes
(amounts backed up, data transfer times and rates, etc.). It produces a OS/390
file that I download into Excel.

ADSMREC starts after tape management is finished:
it waits for expire inventory to end
determines the number of free tapes in the various pools (we don't use scratch
tapes (yet))
updates reclaim schedules depending on number of free tapes and various other
variables

TOCOPY is called by ADSMBUP, it gives as return code the number of MegaBytes
still to copy by Storage Pool backup. It can also run as a stand-alone Exec.

Hope this is helpful (for you or any other OS/390 server user).

(See attached file: adsmbup.txt)

Luuk Kleibrink
Delta Lloyd Nuts Ohra