ADSM-L

3590-B11 Configuration Help Needed

2015-10-04 17:28:41
Subject: 3590-B11 Configuration Help Needed
From: Phil Bone [mailto:PBone AT AFLAC DOT COM]
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
I downloaded and installed the latest atape and atldd drivers on my 4.3.3.0
server.  When I follow the steps outlined in the ADSM Admin Guide (pg 47 in
the .PDF) to define an autochanger, I get back the message that:

<snip>
cfgadsmdd: can NOT configure a TAPE DRIVE as lb0
cfgadsmdd: the device is NOT supported.
<snip>

I was able to define the drive as a MANUAL lib and configure it in ADSM 3.1.
What am I doing wrong?

PS: I tried every setting on the ACF...did not seem to make any difference.

Thanks.

Phil Bone
Sr. Systems Consultant
Network Services, Infrastructure Management
Office: 706.596.5928
Fax: 706.596.5950
Email: pbone AT aflac DOT com
Email: philbone AT mindspring DOT com