ADSM-L

Offsite volumes going to scratch

2000-08-09 15:19:55
Subject: Offsite volumes going to scratch
From: Ray Baughman <rbaughman AT NATIONALMACHINERY DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2000 15:19:55 -0400
Hello All,

I have recently upgraded from ADSM 3.1.2 to TSM 3.7.  I do not use DSM, so I
rely on offsite volumes going from pending to empty to determine which
volumes to bring back on site.  My problem is that since I upgraded to TSM
3.7, the offsite volumes do not go from pending to empty, they go from
pending to scratch.  This will force me to keep a file of offsite volumes
and then compare it to a list of offsite volumes from TSM to determine which
tapes to return from offsite.
My question is, is this the way TSM is suppose to work or is this a bug.
Possibly I need to set something in the server.opt file.  Any help would be
appreciated.

Ray Baughman
National Machinery Co.
Phone:   419-443-2257
Fax:     419-443-2376
Email:   rbaughman AT nationalmachinery DOT com