ADSM-L

Re: DIRMC not working???

2000-08-09 13:04:31
Subject: Re: DIRMC not working???
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2000 13:04:31 -0400
>I'm being told by the Unix administrator he is having a problem with "only
>one" of his clients. Of the 10 clients he has, I have them all in the same
>domain. In that domain there are 4 management classes so I've asked him to
>add the line DIRMC to his dsm.sys file.

Why?  Is this being confused with specifying a management class on an
Include statement?  A DIRMC in most Unix systems is irrelevant because the
directory info is basic and, like an empty file, is recorded in the *SM
database, not in a storage pool.

>ANS1105E The management class for this file does not have a valid
>         backup copy group. This file will not be backed up.

The server policy definitions need to be checked out, according to this
message.

  Richard Sims, BU