ADSM-L

NetWare Client Passwords

2000-08-09 12:52:25
Subject: NetWare Client Passwords
From: "Joshua S. Bassi" <jbassi AT GLORYWORKS DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2000 09:52:25 -0700
All,

I am trying to setup a nightly schedule to backup a NetWare 4.1.1
server.  The TSM client is 4.1.0.0 and the server is W2K TSM 3.7.3.

When I connect to the server, I am not prompted for a password.  I
can backup/restore just fine.  But when I try to schedule a nightly
backup through the scheduler, I get the schedule info displayed,
but when the server contacts the client, it requests the password
for user .backup.  I do not believe it should be doing this
due to the fact that I have passwordaccess set to generate!

Below is my option file, can somebody please help?

--
Joshua S. Bassi
Joshua S. Bassi

cha       0
commm     tcp
*commm    ipx
compressa n
compressi n
dom       all-local nds
errorlogr 10
largecom  y
maxcmdr   4
nwus      .cn=backup.o=whatever
passworda generate
processor 1000
quiet
resour    10
retryp    10
schedlogr 10
schedmod  pr
su        y
tapep     n
tcpb      31
*tcpb     512
tcpw      64
*txnb     25600 *Use this option when backing up to tape