ADSM-L

Scheduler Problems on AIX - SCHEDMODE=PROMPTED???

2015-10-04 17:28:40
Subject: Scheduler Problems on AIX - SCHEDMODE=PROMPTED???
From: Sean McNamara [mailto:mcnams AT PJM DOT COM]
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Hello All,

        I upgraded my AIX TSM clients to 3.7.2.14 yesterday and now I am
having
a problem with the TSM scheduler process.  The backups were missed for the 6
boxes I upgraded last night.  I arrived this morning and thought maybe I had
forgotten to restart the scheduler, but the schedulers were all running.  I
investigated by looking in the activity log and I received the following
error
for all of the clients -   ANR2716E Schedule prompter was not able to
contact
client client name using type 1 (IP Address 1501).  The schedule mode for
these
clients was set to PROMPTED.  I switched the schedule mode to POLLING and
the
scheduled backups ran.  Is there a problem with the TSM scheduler at this
level?
Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Sean

Sean McNamara
Senior Analyst
PJM Interconnection L.L.C.
(610)666-4206

This e-mail and any attachment may contain confidential and privileged material
intended for the addressee only. If you are not the addressee, you are notified
that no part of the e-mail or any attachment may be disclosed, copied or
distributed, and that any other action related to this e-mail or attachment is
strictly prohibited, and may be unlawful. If you have received this e-mail by
error, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail, and delete this
message. Koninklijke Luchtvaart Maatschappij NV (KLM), its subsidiaries and/or
its employees shall not be liable for the incorrect or incomplete transmission
of this e-mail or any attachments, nor responsible for any delay in receipt.