ADSM-L

include/exclude options

2000-08-08 13:29:01
Subject: include/exclude options
From: Gerald Wichmann <gwichmann AT SANSIA DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2000 10:29:01 -0700
Howcome on some systems I can throw lots of options in the .opt file but
more recently I?ve noticed some systems I can?t. specifically I have two AIX
4.3.3 boxes running TSM 3.7.2 and 3.7.0.. Initially I put my include/exclude
statements in the dsm.opt file but when I run dsmc it complains that it?s an
invalid option. The same happens if I put schedlogretention or
passwordaccess or ANYTHING it seems except ?servername?..

Now I KNOW I have systems (NT4 for example) where I have all these things in
dsm.opt. This is seriously confusing.. What is going on here?

Specifically we?d like to run a second scheduler on this one particular AIX
4.3.3 box where each scheduler that?s running has it?s own nodename and
include/exclude statements. It seems I can?t do it even though I can tell
dsmc to run using a different options file, I CANT have different info in
that options file. This seems contrary to what the manuals say and some of
my past experiences.

Gerald Wichmann
RS Engineer
Sansia System Solutions