ADSM-L

Re: BACKUP DB need a least 2 Tapes?

2000-08-07 14:01:50
Subject: Re: BACKUP DB need a least 2 Tapes?
From: Joe Faracchio <brother AT SOCRATES.BERKELEY DOT EDU>
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2000 11:01:50 -0700
Werner,

    It sounds to be like you have a 7337 15 slot DLT changer???.

Regardless ... you can checkout the DB tape from the changer/robot without
deleting it from VOLHIST.  And then put a new scratch in for use.
Setup a procedure where your operators can perform this every day at the
appropriate time ... ????

cheers ... joe.f.
P.S>  if you do have a 7337 why are you not using all 15 slots?  Don't
waste one on the clean cartridge just have OPS do that too!

Joseph A Faracchio,  Systems Programmer, UC Berkeley