ADSM-L

backup sets

2000-08-03 15:29:52
Subject: backup sets
From: Gerald Wichmann <gwichmann AT SANSIA DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2000 12:29:52 -0700
I want to make sure I understand backup sets correctly as I?ve not had the
chance to implement them and I?m being asked about them. My understanding is
I can take any client and back it up via a backup set.. I can then take
those tapes and restore the system from them so long as I have a device
locally attached to that client and I have the Tivoli BA client installed on
it. Is this correct? Am I simplifying things too much? Do I need the BA
client to restore the data on them? In practice how well does it all work?

Gerald Wichmann
RS Engineer
Sansia System Solutions
408-844-8893 work