ADSM-L

Re: AW: Tsm 4.1 client.

2000-08-03 10:33:49
Subject: Re: AW: Tsm 4.1 client.
From: Andy Raibeck <Andrew_Raibeck AT TIVOLI DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2000 07:33:49 -0700
Hi Eric, James, and everyone else,

Yes, this is a "tradition" that we are not too fond of, either.
As it turns out, the package that was uploaded to the FTP site
was not corrupt per se; rather, it got uploaded in ASCII format
rather than binary format. The correction was to upload it
again in binary format.

I like the idea of having our testers download the package from
the FTP site and verify it is installable immediately after
it's put out there, just as a final "sanity" check. This is
something I will bring up back in the lab.

Thank you for your feedback,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM/Tivoli
e-mail: andrew.raibeck AT tivoli DOT com
"The only dumb question is the one that goes unasked."

Hi James!
I wasn't talking about support. I was talking about testing. Putting a
corrupt archive package on your FTP server doesn't sound like thorough
testing to me.
This has absolutely nothing to do with the support that Andrew, Del, Vo An,
Glen, Mike, Cindy, Greg, Thomas and all the other guys (and girls) I forgot,
offer us through the list. Nothing but nice words for them!
Kindest regards,
Eric van Loon