ADSM-L

Re: Tsm 4.1 client.

2000-08-02 16:49:27
Subject: Re: Tsm 4.1 client.
From: Andy Raibeck <Andrew_Raibeck AT TIVOLI DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2000 13:49:27 -0700
InstallShield for the Web was discussed and discarded since, as
far as we are able to determine, it does not provide for a silent
install. There are a lot of users for whom silent install is very
important.

As far as other methods go, we provide a companion .BAT file to
help with the extraction (complete with HELP info if you just run
the BAT file without a parameter), and a README.FTP file that
tells you how to download and extract the install image.

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM/Tivoli
e-mail: andrew.raibeck AT tivoli DOT com
"The only dumb question is the one that goes unasked."

> When you extract the file, you need to use the -d flag.  ...

Will someone please show the idiots at Tivoli "InstallShield for the
Web" or any number of other methods.  Forcing "joe user" to run a
command with a fixed parameter is cruel and unusual punishment ...
and what must be fine software look like  ... never mind (again).

Wayne T. Smith                          ADSM AT Maine DOT edu
ADSM Technical Coordinator - UNET       University of Maine System