ADSM-L

Re: DRM

2000-08-02 11:41:49
Subject: Re: DRM
From: "Cook, Dwight E" <cookde AT BP DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2000 10:41:49 -0500
Well, if you have a nice fresh RS/6000 with nothing but the rootvg and a
bunch of disks & tape drives  you do a fresh install of TSM server code
You then use the "database restore tapes" to perform a
        dsmserv restore db
now you have your TSM environment up and running but all your primary
storage pools are gone, they burned up with the server over in that location
that the 747 crashed into...
You then use the "storage pool restore tapes" to get back the actual data
that all the clients will need to restore to get THEIR disaster recovery
machines up and running.

hope this helps
later,
Dwight