ADSM-L

Backing Up non-owned Files

2000-07-31 11:40:39
Subject: Backing Up non-owned Files
From: Louis Wiesemann <ljwies01 AT LOUISVILLE DOT EDU>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2000 11:40:39 -0400
I have a client running the TSM 3.7.1 client on AIX.  They are trying to backup
some files that they do not own but do have access to.  The client
documentation indicates that you can backup files you don't own if you have
been given access.  They were previously using a version 2 client and were able
to backup these non-owned files.  Now they get ANS1136E errors for these files
when their backups run.  The rest of the backup appears to be ok.

I checked on IBMLINK for any possible problems generating this error message
and did not find anything.  I have not called support yet, but thought I would
check here before doing that.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Louis J. Wiesemann
502-852-8952Louis J. Wiesemann