ADSM-L

Archiving

2000-07-31 04:20:45
Subject: Archiving
From: Henrik Hansson <Henrik_Hansson AT ALBINT DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2000 10:20:45 +0200
I use a archivepool (disk and primary tapepool)  and a copypool with tapes
for my archives.

My archive retention is 365 days. I archive to the archivepool and then do
a copy to the copy archivepool. If I understand it correct I will have my
archived data in the archivepool as well as on my tapes in the copypool. If
I do this every month ending I will have 12 archives with different
experationdates. Since I just have 18 tapes to hold my primary and copy
storagepools I fear I will run out of tapes eventually. This is if my
understanding is correct that it will keep all archived files in my primary
storage pool.

Is it recommendable and possible to delete the archives in my primary
storage pool and just have them on tapes in my copypool (they will be in
vault)?

Henrik Hansson
Nomafa AB

Tel + 46 35 14 73 00