ADSM-L

Authentication between ADSM Server and clients

2000-07-28 10:57:14
Subject: Authentication between ADSM Server and clients
From: HK Chng <hkchng1 AT SINGNET.COM DOT SG>
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2000 22:57:14 +0800
Hi, I have a query on the authentication process between the ADSM server
and clients. We have a ADSM server running on AIX and clients such as NT
and Win2000 that uses its services. The concern is, how does the ADSM
server perform authentication between itself and the clients ? Are the
passwords passed over the network  ? If so, can  passwords can be
sniffed out along the network ? AS ADSM requires root access to the
server, so anyone who has access to the server can perform a mksysbk
operation and clone the original server and later pose as the original
server.Are there any solution to plug this problem.

Regards.
Hak Kiat, Chng