ADSM-L

hp surestor dat8 tape for offsite backup

2000-07-27 18:21:46
Subject: hp surestor dat8 tape for offsite backup
From: Steve Bennett <steve_bennett AT ADMIN.STATE.AK DOT US>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2000 14:21:46 -0800
Hello all.

We have a small adsm server (adsm v3.1.2.50 on aix) and will be bringing
up another small server (tsm 4.1 on win2000). The win2000 box has a hp
surestor dat8 tape drive which is not listed in the tsm supported device
list. I know that Tivoli says many devices not listed will work but are
not supported by their tech support. I haven't tried yet but has anyone
else used this tape unit with *sm?

TIA

--
Steve Bennett, (907) 465-5783