ADSM-L

Re: Backup in parallel from one big node

2000-07-27 13:53:04
Subject: Re: Backup in parallel from one big node
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2000 13:53:04 -0400
Maria - I accumulate such tips in my ADSM functional directory,
        at http://people.bu.edu/rbs.

You say that you have "collocation turned on" - but what kind?
Collocation by node is insufficient for your purposes.
From my tips:

Parallelize backups                     Going to a disk pool first is one way;
                                        then the data migrates to tape.
                                        To go directly to tape: You may need to
                                        define your STGpool with
                                        COLlocation=FILespace to achieve such