ADSM-L

Incremental Backup for TDP-Domino

2000-07-26 12:44:42
Subject: Incremental Backup for TDP-Domino
From: Ken Beckman <ken.beckman AT MCD DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2000 11:44:42 -0500
I'm running TDP for Domino (Version 1.1) on a Domino Server (Release 5) on an NT
Server running 4.0, sp5.  When I ran the first incremental backup of the domino
databses,(domdsmc incremental *) it looked at every database and backed them up
as I would expect a first time incremental backup would.  Essentially, a full
backup totaling approx. 73 gig of data and 1400 databases.  Since then I have
been running nightly incrementals, and it appears to perform a full backup on
any database that has changed, and not just difference within the database.
It's been returing approx 70 gig or so a night, which is not what I had
intended.  Even when I run a domdsmc query dbbacukp /inactive, it does show
multiple versions of a database, but each version of a database appears to be a
full backup.  Am I misunderstanding the intention of the incremental backups or
doing something wrong.?  Why isn't it backing up the changes in the databases?

My ADSM Server is an SP2 node running ADSM Version 3.1.2.40

Any advice would be appreciated.  Thanks.