ADSM-L

Re: Move Data from Bad Tapes

2000-07-26 08:49:10
Subject: Re: Move Data from Bad Tapes
From: "Slaughter, Bill" <BillSlaughter AT TUPPERWARE DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2000 08:49:10 -0400
The "MOVE DATA" will attempt to mount and move any data if the tape is
accessible and readable.

If you are using DRM and the tape is a copypool tape (Offsite) the move data
will locate the primary storage pool tape and move the data from it. Failing
that, you could use Restore volume xxxxxxx to re-create the tape if you are
using DRM.

It has been so long that I don't even know how to spell CA-1 TMS but are you
sure you have 200 bad tapes or a bad drive that has had I/O errors and ADSM
marked the tapes as bad. I keep a log of my bad tapes in my STK 9710 library
and have never had one repeated but after a year I had to have 3 drives
replaced within days of each other. Check your automated cleaning cartridge
in the library also.

Bill