ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 17:29:34
Hi All,
I've set up a TSM/TDP/RMAN configuration, and am able to backup my Oracle
8.0.5 Database to TSM using RMAN.

I have now carried out a number of database backups and find that some
backuppieces have become obsolete.

I have deleted the obsolete backuppieces (using the change backuppiece
<BACKUPPIECE> delete; command)

I was expecting the TSM server to report these files to be INACTIVE_VERISON
but instead they are still reported as ACTIVE Versions.

I suspect it may be something to do with by copygroup parameters:
verexists=2
verdeleted=0
retExtra=0
retainOnly=0

I'm going to try with Verexists=1 to see if this makes a difference.
But in the mean time, can anyone tell me if I'm missing anything. (i.e.
would I expect to have the files flagged as INACTIVE_VERSION as soon as
delete a backuppiece or is there an additional process that I'm missing)

Main problem is that I am now running out of storage because the obsolete
files are not being expired.

Any help would be most appreciated.
Many thanks
Sunil