ADSM-L

AFS 3.6 and TSM 3.7

2000-07-24 13:28:18
Subject: AFS 3.6 and TSM 3.7
From: "Kent L. Johnson" <johnsk6 AT RPI DOT EDU>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2000 13:28:18 -0400
We are running TSM 3.7.2 on AIX 4.3.2.  We have recently upgraded to AFS v3.6
and are preparing to use the TSM capable version of buta.

With the TSM capable buta, we are able to continue backing up data, but the
buta and butc data are different, and I assume, not compatible.  I further
assume that one cannot access TSM files stored with buta, using butc.

Does anyone know anything about this?  Is it possible to access buta data
using butc?  I haven't seen any documentation which addresses this question.

We are currently planning to run a "frozen" back-level version of buta, so
that we can access the data written with buta.  Is anyone else looking for
ways to deal with this?

If anyone responds, please copy me in the response to this question, since
the marist.edu listserv isn't able to send me mail (It's a long story...)

Thanks.

Kent

--
Kent Johnson                        Internet: johnsk6 AT rpi DOT edu
Kent Johnson                        Internet: johnsk6 AT rpi DOT edu