ADSM-L

Re: 3494 Tape library slots

2000-07-24 12:12:56
Subject: Re: 3494 Tape library slots
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2000 12:12:56 -0400
>We have a 3494 tape library. Perhaps a year ago two cartrisges were =
>removed directly from the library because they were defective and since =
>then the two slots have never been used by the library / ADSM.
>Any suggestions on how they might be recaptured?

Don't do that.  But now that it is done...
Causing a reinventory of the 3494 should do it, but less drastic
would be to use the mtlib command to change the category code to
FFFB, to delete the Library Manager database entry, as for a
Manually Ejected (FFFA) volume.
I presume from your posting that these volumes were not known to
ADSM, else you need to take appropriate action there as well.
   Richard Sims, BU