ADSM-L

Re: API: DSMAPI how to use Archive/Retrieve

2000-07-20 09:33:16
Subject: Re: API: DSMAPI how to use Archive/Retrieve
From: Andy Raibeck <Andrew_Raibeck AT TIVOLI DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2000 06:33:16 -0700
Hello Michael,

The sample API application does not read or write data
to the client file systems; rather, it generates its
own data. The seed string you enter is used to create
a pattern for data verification upon restore or
retrieve from the TSM server.

The sample application is not intended to be a full
function application. Rather, it provides an example
of using the API calls in a larger context, as opposed
to the individual, brief examples given in the book.
However, I suppose a programmer could modify the
sample so that it does real file I/O as well.

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM/Tivoli
e-mail: andrew.raibeck AT tivoli DOT com
"The only dumb question is the one that goes unasked."

Hi everebody

Does someone knows how to use the retrieve parameters
in the sample

When I archive something with Archive it seems to
work...
(starting the archiving file ...)
Creating 1 object(s) called D:\temp\1.gif(nnn) each of
size 7,000.
Creating object 1 of 1   Size=7,000
Name=D:\temp\1.gif
   Object:      1 Buffer:    1 Bytes sent:   7,000
Bytes left: 0
When I try to Retrieve this file he ask two more
questions 'Partial Object Offset and 'Partial Object
lenght'

I get :
Starting retrieve of 1 objects in buffers 32,767 bytes
long.
Enter 0 for offset and length for normal object
retrieve
Enter partial object offset for object 1:
0
Enter partial object length for object 1:
7000
Retrieving object 1: D:\temp\1.gif :
Object content and length verified!
But the file does not comeback (is not retreived !)

Please Heeeeelp !

Thank you
Michael David