ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 17:29:34
Hi Folks,

I have a custmer with two F50 boxes running AIX 4.3.3;
In these machines they have TSM Client 3.7.1 backing up about 50G of =
Oracle data
per day.

This config. was working very fine until last week when the scheduler =
got
"nuts"... It suddenly stops running ! (even when I start it manually =
with "dsmc
sched").

The most strange thing is that it can run for 10 minutes to 10 hours =
without
stopping...so I never know when it will crash... Apparently there is no =
event
that triggers these error. Sometimes the scheduler stops when its doing =
nothing,
and other times it stops in the middle of the backup process. This is my =
major
problem because the script that the scheduler starts does 3 things
1. Stop the oracle database
2. Backup up the database
3. Start the oracle database.
When it stops running during the backup process, the Oracle database =
stays
offline until the DBA arrives by the morning.

Has anyone seen any APAR about that ?! Any tips ?!

Thanks all

Alexandre Bicas Caldeira - abicas AT service.com DOT br
Service IT Solutions - http://www.service.com.br
   Sao Paulo:    (11) 3040-1960
                 Rua Helena, 280, Cj 1106
                 CEP 04552-050 - Sco Paulo - SP
   Porto Alegre: (51) 212-3666
   Curitiba:     (41) 339-3076

 <<Archivo: Alexandre Bicas Caldeira.vcf>>