ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 17:29:34
Hi Folks,

I have a custmer with two F50 boxes running AIX 4.3.3;
In these machines they have TSM Client 3.7.1 backing up about 50G of Oracle data
per day.

This config. was working very fine until last week when the scheduler got
"nuts"... It suddenly stops running ! (even when I start it manually with "dsmc
sched").

The most strange thing is that it can run for 10 minutes to 10 hours without
stopping...so I never know when it will crash... Apparently there is no event
that triggers these error. Sometimes the scheduler stops when its doing nothing,
and other times it stops in the middle of the backup process. This is my major
problem because the script that the scheduler starts does 3 things
1. Stop the oracle database
2. Backup up the database
3. Start the oracle database.
When it stops running during the backup process, the Oracle database stays
offline until the DBA arrives by the morning.

Has anyone seen any APAR about that ?! Any tips ?!

Thanks all

Alexandre Bicas Caldeira - abicas AT service.com DOT br
Service IT Solutions - http://www.service.com.br
   Sao Paulo:    (11) 3040-1960
                 Rua Helena, 280, Cj 1106
                 CEP 04552-050 - Sco Paulo - SP