ADSM-L

Re: Migrating from AIX ADSM to HPUX TSM

2000-07-14 17:11:44
Subject: Re: Migrating from AIX ADSM to HPUX TSM
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2000 17:11:44 -0400
>I think I understand Server-to-Server communications (But am Fuzzy) to know
>that I can define a loopback server but I am confused on how that can help
>me during the migration.

Bill - Check out the Redbook: ADSM Server-to-Server Implementation and
Operation.

The archive-type glob of data that ends up on the other system serves as a means
of conveyance to get the data across in "neutral" form, so that you don't have
to be concerned about using equivalent tape drives.  Once in the new server,
you do a pseudo "server-to-server" within that box to import the data.
That's easy for me to say, having only read about it, but there you are.  :-)
    Richard Sims, BU