ADSM-L

Backup of DB to the same tape pool as backup client data?

2000-07-14 09:35:41
Subject: Backup of DB to the same tape pool as backup client data?
From: Werner Nussbaumer <werner.nussbaumer AT UBS DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2000 15:35:41 +0200
(Windows NT Server 3.7 with Quantum 500 library, 14 DLT7000 tapes and 3 heads)

As far as I heard a BACKUP DB goes to a tape and then this tape can't be used
anymore for client data backups. Always when I made a BACKUP DB it first used
TAPE, then TAPE2 ... until all tapes have been used. Then ADSM says all tapes
are full though the DB is very small.

Is it possible the put the DB to the same tape pool as the one for the client
data backup? Do I have to put the DB to disk and then backup this data via the
client software to tapes?

Thanks for any help
Regards
Werner Nussbaumer