ADSM-L

Sending Client events to Tivoli Console

2000-07-13 19:14:20
Subject: Sending Client events to Tivoli Console
From: "Pinkos, Jay" <jpinkos AT BOSTONGAS DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 19:14:20 -0400
Hi,

        We are using ADSM 3.1.2.40 to forward events to our 3.6.2 T/EC
console.  We setup everything up as described in the ADSM manual.  We are
only interested in Warning, Error and Critical messages. So we used the
ENABLE EVENTS TIVOLI WARNING,ERROR,SEVERE command on the ADSM console.
Everything is working fine for the IBMADSM_SERVER_EVENTS.  But we are
receving informational (HARMLESS) events for IBMADSM_CLIENT_EVENT events.
These messages are "flooding" our T/EC and blowing it up.  Is there a way to
filter out these events at the ADSM server?  What have others found as the
best solution for dealing with these events.

Thanks in advance,

Jay Pinkos
jpinkos AT bostongas DOT com