ADSM-L

Re: Bare Metal restores for Sun Solaris

2000-07-13 15:09:40
Subject: Re: Bare Metal restores for Sun Solaris
From: S W Branch <swbranc AT PPCO DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 14:09:40 -0500
Unfortunately there's nothing on Solaris (or HP-UX for that matter) that
even does what mksysb does for you on AIX.

HP provides Instant Ignition. One of the scripts that is included in the
distribution is called
make_recovery. I personally tested it before putting a new system into
production to make sure it worked and it did. I ran it to backup my root VG
and when I booted from the backup tape it recreated all of my logical
volumes, file systems, paging spaces, etc just like they were previously.
This was on HPUX 10.20.

Steve Branch
Phillips Petroleum
e-mail: swbranc AT ppco DOT com