ADSM-L

Re: compression on XL 3570 tapes

2000-07-12 13:06:20
Subject: Re: compression on XL 3570 tapes
From: Joe Faracchio <brother AT SOCRATES.BERKELEY DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 10:06:20 -0700
If the clients are doing compression then you're not going to see the
tapes doing (useful) compression too!

All my 3590s-Js say: 19-21 G after going FULL (can't trust them til they
go 'FULL')

Everyonce in a while I get one that says 24G or 28G then I know I've got a
client not doing compression!   I like the clients to do compression.

... joe.f.

Joseph A Faracchio,  Systems Programmer, UC Berkeley