ADSM-L

NTFS permissions

1998-10-12 01:08:00
Subject: NTFS permissions
From: Pete Tanenhaus <tanenhau AT us.ibm DOT com>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>
Date: Monday, October 12, 1998 5:08 PM
The local system account has full control over all
local resources
(registry,
drives, etc.) so
you shouldn't have any problems provided that you
aren't accessing any
non-local resources
(remote drives or shares) from your schedule (the
local system account =
has
no
domain authority
so accessing remote resources will always fail).

Note that by default the client service is installed
to logon as the lo=
cal
system account.

Hope this helps ......

Pete Tanenhaus, ADSM NT Development
---------------------- Forwarded by Pete Tanenhaus/San
Jose/IBM on 10/1=
Jose/IBM on 10/1=
2/98

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU on 10/12/98 12:38:24 PM