ADSM-L

Re: Question on Q File

2000-07-11 11:22:40
Subject: Re: Question on Q File
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 11:22:40 -0400
>When I do a "q file" on this one node I have, it tells me that I have never
>run a incremental backup (Last time is 00/00/0000 00:00:00).  The same is
>true when I do a "q file xxxx f=d" on the server for this node.  However, I
>have log files that claim the backups are running and completing and if I
>bring up dsm it shows all the files as being restorable.  Anyone have any
>idea why this could be happening?

The date will be null for filespaces created via Archiving; or when an
incremental backup was interrupted; or where the type of backups that
have been performed are not complete Incrementals (that is, Selective or
some other variation).  *SM likes to see complete Incremental backups
being done on filespaces.  There may of course be other causes dependent
upon circumstances and software levels.
   Richard Sims, BU